Understanding Concrete Resurfacing & Overlays
Concrete Overlay Resurfacing products are polymer modified cements. They are much stronger than regular concrete and are used to resurface existing concrete. Think of it as Gorilla Glue with cement in it.
- Overlays can be created in almost any color, pattern or texture.
- Provided the existing concrete is properly cleaned, which we do with very high pressure washers or an acid wash, the overlay creates a chemical and mechanical bond with the substrate.
- Overlays are great for any concrete surface such as garages, warehouses, basements, pool decks, patios and driveways. (Sorry but it can’t go over asphalt.)
- Resurfaced concrete tends to be cooler to the touch, nice on hot pool decks.
- Concrete overlays are sealed which protects them from salts, stains, grease and wear.
- Old and worn concrete can be resurfaced for a fraction of the cost of replacement.
- Resurfaced concrete is easier to clear, free of allergens, very customizable, and unique.
Custom Concrete Solutions, offers the #1 professional decorative concrete resurfacing services in Connecticut & New York. Contact us today for more info.